Getting issue while configuring SMTP details
I tried to configure SMTP server details and try to send one Test email, but getting below message:
Failed to send email.Please check if SMTP is available Details: Error in processing.The server response was:5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send email.
SMTP server: smtp.office365.com
Email Username : email@example.com
Kindly help us to resolve this issue as we are facing issue to send email and task to the recipient.
Could you please verify the below checkpoints?
1. Check if in case the firewall is Turned on or any other scanning software is running, If yes then turn off the firewall & scanning software temporarily just to make sure this is not causing the issue.
2. Check if you or your team has installed new certificate recently in the environment (If the email service was working earlier and stopped recently).
3. Make sure the sending server's IP is not on SMTP block list.
4. Verify that the receiving server is configured to use TLS.
5. Check if the receiving server is configured to only respond to SMTP (not ESMTP) commands. TLS is part of the ESMTP protocol.
Please sign in to leave a comment.