Administrator is the common system administrator role for the AgilePoint NX Portal. Any registered AgilePoint NX user can be assigned the Administrators role. There is no limit to the number of users who can be assigned the Administrators role. The Administrators role is subordinate to the Tenant Administrator.
Applies to Deployment Types
AgilePoint NX Portal tenant
How To Add the Administrators Role to a User or Group
- By default, in OnPremises or Private Cloud environments, the Tenant Administrator is assigned the Administrators role when you install AgilePoint NX.
- By default, in OnDemand environments, the Administrators role is assigned to the first user added to an environment when you sign up for AgilePoint NX environment.
- To add the Administrators role to other users or groups, refer to Add System Administrators.
Good to Know
- These administrator types have similar names, and they are easy to confuse:
- The AgilePoint NX System Administrator is a person who is responsible for several administrator accounts and roles. In most cases, there is one primary AgilePoint NX System Administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- A tenant administrator is a person who is resonsible for one AgilePoint Server tenant. In multi-tenant environments, each tenant can have its own administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- The AgilePoint System Account is a set of credentials for managing AgilePoint Server. There can be only one AgilePoint System Account. In most cases, one human user is assigned these credentials.
- The AgilePoint Service Account is a set of credentials AgilePoint Server uses to connect with other systems. There can be only one AgilePoint Service Account. Only the AgilePoint Server software uses these credentials, and they are not assigned to a human user. However, the AgilePoint NX System Administrator is usually responsible for maintaining these credentials.
- The Tenant Administrator is a master administrator setting for the NX Portal. There can be only one Tenant Administrator.
The Tenant Administrator is assigned on the Tenant Settings.
- The Administrator is a security role on the NX Portal. Any number of users can be assigned the Administrator role.
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
system administrator, role, administrators, administrator
Please sign in to leave a comment.