Always use the ID field. The reason of this is that the ID field contains a Globally Unique Identifier, or GUID. The GUID is the industry standard for unique data. When any of the AgilePoint Data Entities activities ask for the ID, it is so it can positively link what you are doing with one and only one record in the Data Entity. For a detailed explanation of the difference between the ID and the Record Display Name fields, see the 10 minute, Class 6 Video 1 recording in the AgilePoint on-line training program.
Articles in this section
- How do I modify permissions to a single application?
- Why can’t I delete apps in my Build Apps section?
- In a number of activities on the AgilePoint Data Entities tab, it refers to the Record ID. Should I use the Data Entity ID field or the Record Display Name field?
- How do I use a network share as a file repository?
- Why does my application suspend after my loop has executed a set number of times?