This topic describes the difference between the AgilePoint NX implementation types.
AgilePoint NX PrivateCloud
AgilePoint NX PrivateCloud is a version of AgilePoint NX where the platform is hosted with a cloud subscription in a dedicated virtual machine. This subscription can be managed by the AgilePoint Infrastructure team (referred to as AgilePoint-hosted PrivateCloud), or you can use your own subscription (referred to as customer-hosted PrivateCloud).
Like AgilePoint NX OnDemand, you have a self-contained environment. The AgilePoint NX OnDemand platform as a service (PaaS) can connect with other cloud-based services and platforms, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Office 365. It can also connect to services inside your company's firewall, such as SAP or on-premises SharePoint. Unlike AgilePoint NX OnDemand, you can connect to the services inside your firewall using a virtual private network (VPN).
AgilePoint NX OnPremises
With AgilePoint NX OnPremises, the server-side components of the AgilePoint NX platform are hosted on servers inside your organization's firewall. Like AgilePoint NX PrivateCloud or AgilePoint NX OnDemand, AgilePoint NX OnPremises can operate in a multi-tenant configuration. AgilePoint NX OnPremises operates as a platform as a service (PaaS). You can connect to services inside or outside your firewall, and you maintain complete control of the connections and security.
AgilePoint NX OnDemand
AgilePoint OnDemand is a version of AgilePoint NX that runs entirely in the cloud with no software installed in your local environment..
The AgilePoint NX OnDemand platform as a service (PaaS) can connect with other cloud-based services and platforms, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Office 365. It can also connect to services inside your company's firewall, such as SAP or on-premises SharePoint.
- AgilePoint NX Developer.
- Data Services.
- Event Services.
- Active Directory integration (ADSyncModule Extension).
- SAP integration (SAP Integration AgileConnector).
- Skype for Business integration.
- SMS notifications.
- Synchronize with a database user store (DBSyncModule Extension).
- Synchronize SharePoint users (SPSyncModule Extension).
- These authentication providers:
- Administrator access to the AgilePoint Server configuration.
- VPN connection to systems that are installed behind your firewall.
- Local file system as a data source in an application.
- Create reports against a custom database in Report Center.
- These activities in the Process Builder:
- Loop a process more than 100 times.
- Work calendar.
- Upload files as e-mail attachments in e-mail templates or e-mail notifications.
For more information, refer to Why Are E-mail Attachments Disabled in AgilePoint NX OnDemand?
- In AgilePoint NX OnDemand, bulk migration requires help from AgilePoint Customer Support. For more information, refer to How Do I Migrate More than One Process Instance to a New Process Model Version?.
- AgilePoint NX App for Salesforce.
- Salesforce as a primary data source for a process-based app.