This topic describes the difference between the AgilePoint NX implementation types.
AgilePoint NX Private Cloud
AgilePoint NX Private Cloud is a version of AgilePoint NX where the platform is hosted with a cloud subscription in a dedicated virtual machine. This subscription can be managed by the AgilePoint Infrastructure team (referred to as AgilePoint-hosted Private Cloud), or you can use your own subscription (referred to as customer-hosted Private Cloud).
Like AgilePoint NX OnDemand, you have a self-contained environment. The AgilePoint NX OnDemand platform as a service (PaaS) can connect with other cloud-based services and platforms, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Microsoft 365. It can also connect to services inside your company's firewall, such as SAP or on-premises SharePoint. Unlike AgilePoint NX OnDemand, you can connect to the services inside your firewall using a virtual private network (VPN).
AgilePoint NX OnPremises
With AgilePoint NX OnPremises, the server-side components of the AgilePoint NX platform are hosted on servers inside your organization's firewall. Like AgilePoint NX Private Cloud or AgilePoint NX OnDemand, AgilePoint NX OnPremises can operate in a multi-tenant configuration. AgilePoint NX OnPremises operates as a platform as a service (PaaS). You can connect to services inside or outside your firewall, and you maintain complete control of the connections and security.
AgilePoint NX OnDemand
AgilePoint OnDemand is a version of AgilePoint NX that runs entirely in the cloud with no software installed in your local environment..
The AgilePoint NX OnDemand platform as a service (PaaS) can connect with other cloud-based services and platforms, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Microsoft 365. It can also connect to services inside your company's firewall, such as SAP or on-premises SharePoint.
These features that are available in AgilePoint NX OnPremises and AgilePoint NX Private Cloud are not available in AgilePoint NX OnDemand:
- AgilePoint NX Developer.
- Data Services.
- Event Services.
- Active Directory integration (ADSyncModule Extension).
- SAP integration (SAP Integration AgileConnector).
- Skype for Business integration.
- SMS notifications.
- Synchronize with a database user store (DBSyncModule Extension).
- Synchronize SharePoint users (SPSyncModule Extension).
- These authentication providers:
- Administrator access to the AgilePoint Server configuration.
- VPN connection to systems that are installed behind your firewall.
- Local file system as a data source in an app.
- Create reports against a custom database in Analytics Center.
The Report Center component (sometimes referred to as AgileReports) can only be used by customers who purchased this component before April 1, 2020. This version is no longer available for purchase, including by current and previous purchasers of AgilePoint NX or the Report Center component. In AgilePoint NX v8.0 and higher, Report Center has been replaced with the Analytics Center component.
- These activities in the Process Builder:
- Loop a process more than 100 times.
- Work calendar.
- Upload files as e-mail attachments in e-mail templates or e-mail notifications.
For more information, refer to Why Are E-mail Attachments Disabled in AgilePoint NX OnDemand?
- In AgilePoint NX OnDemand, bulk migration requires help from AgilePoint Customer Support. For more information, refer to How Do I Migrate More than One Process Instance to a New Process Model Version?.
- AgilePoint NX App for Salesforce.
- Salesforce as a primary data source for a process-based app.
For v7.0 and higher, this feature is available only for AgilePoint NX OnPremises or AgilePoint NX Private Cloud.
- Session Management.
Please sign in to leave a comment.