A variable is a text string that is replaced with specific data at runtime. AgilePoint NX uses several types of variables:
- Process data variables are a type of XML data that are native to an AgilePoint NX app. Process data variables do not require an external data source.
- Entity fields are variables that are stored in an entity in AgilePoint NX Data Entities.
- Variables from any supported data model can be used in an app. These include database columns, SharePoint columns, or fields from a third-party entity, such as Salesforce or OData.
- (Example) Create and Run a Process-Based App (Modern)
- (Example) Create and Run a Process-Based App (Classic)
- (Example) Create and Run a Form-Based App with an Existing AgilePoint NX Data Entities (Modern)
- (Example) Create and Run a Form-Based App with AgilePoint NX Data Entities (Classic)
- (Example) Configure Process Data Variables for Voting Approval in Advanced Task Activity
- (Example) Create an Inline Function
- (Example) Configure a Convert Date Format activity
- (Example) Configure a Document Transfer activity
- (Example) Configure the Update Process Data Activity
- Examples - Step-by-step use case examples, information about what types of examples are provided in the AgilePoint NX Product Documentation, and other resources where you can find more examples.
Video: Use Variables for URLs
Video: Configuring Process Data
Video: Process Designer Overview
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
process data variable, process data, variable, process attribute, custom attribute, process instance variable, macro, metadata, column