A variable is a text string that is replaced with specific data at runtime, similar to a variable used in software programming. AgilePoint NX uses several types of variables:
- Process data variables are a type of XML data that are native to an AgilePoint NX app. Process data variables do not require an external data source.
- System data variables are the out-of-the-box (OOTB) variables that are provided by default as part of an AgilePoint NX app. These variables are sometimes referred to as "system tokens."
- Form fields are instances of form controls in an eForm. Each form field has a unique technical name, or ID, that can be used as a variable.
- Entity fields are variables that are stored in an entity in AgilePoint NX Data Entities.
- Macros are variables that are used in templates for email notifications.
- Variables from any supported data model can be used in an app. Examples include database columns, SharePoint columns, or fields from a third-party entity, such as Salesforce or OData.
- (Example) Create a Process-Based App (Modern)
- (Example) Create and Run a Form-Based App with an Existing AgilePoint NX Data Entities (Modern)
- (Example) Create and Run a Form-Based App with AgilePoint NX Data Entities (Classic)
- (Example) Create an Inline Function
- (Example) Configure a Convert Date Format activity
- (Example) Configure the Update Process Data Activity
- (Example) Schema Mapper
- (Example) Configure an Excel Read Activity
- (Example) Configure an Excel Write Activity
- (Example) Create Zoom Meeting
- (Example) Store Data from an eForm in Data Entities with a Data Entities Activity
- Examples - Step-by-step use case examples, information about what types of examples are provided in the AgilePoint NX Product Documentation, and other resources where you can find more examples.
Video: Configuring Process Data
Video: Process Designer Overview
Video: Process-Based App (Modern)
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
process data variable, process data, variable, system data, sysytem data variable, form field, form control, app data, application data, schema, field, process attribute, custom attribute, process instance variable, macro, metadata, column