The AgilePoint System Account is the priamary administrator account for AgilePoint Server, especially the AgilePoint Server Configuration Utility and the Windows services associated with the AgilePoint server-side components.
By default, the AgilePoint System Account is assumed to use the same credentials as other administrator tasks on the AgilePoint Server machine, such as the Windows administrator account. However, for security purposes, AgilePoint recommends you separate these credentials after AgilePoint Server is installed.
When AgilePoint Server is installed, the credentials for the AgilePoint System Account are the same as the AgilePoint Service Account. The purpose of this is to simplify the AgilePoint Server installation. However, for security purposes, AgilePoint recommends you separate these credentials after AgilePoint Server is installed.
Applies to Deployment Types
Permissions and Configuration
AgilePoint Server Machines
AgilePoint Server service instances
AgilePoint NX Portal tenants
How To Create or Change This Account
- The AgilePoint System Account is created when you install AgilePoint NX.
- To change the AgilePoint System Account, refer to How Do I Change the Credentials for AgilePoint Administrator Accounts?.
Good to Know
- These administrator types have similar names, and they are easy to confuse:
- The AgilePoint NX System Administrator is a person who is responsible for several administrator accounts and roles. In most cases, there is one primary AgilePoint NX System Administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- A tenant administrator is a person who is resonsible for one AgilePoint Server tenant. In multi-tenant environments, each tenant can have its own administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- The AgilePoint System Account is a set of credentials for managing AgilePoint Server. There can be only one AgilePoint System Account. In most cases, one human user is assigned these credentials.
- The AgilePoint Service Account is a set of credentials AgilePoint Server uses to connect with other systems. There can be only one AgilePoint Service Account. Only the AgilePoint Server software uses these credentials, and they are not assigned to a human user. However, the AgilePoint NX System Administrator is usually responsible for maintaining these credentials.
- The Tenant Administrator is a master administrator setting for the NX Portal. There can be only one Tenant Administrator.
The Tenant Administrator is assigned on the Tenant Settings.
- The Administrator is a security role on the NX Portal. Any number of users can be assigned the Administrator role.
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
system account, AgilePoint system account, AgilePoint Server administrator, AgilePoint Server admin