A tenant administrator is required only for multi-tenant installations. Each tenant can have a separate tenant administrator who is the primary custodian of tenant-specific maintenance tasks. This user is involved during tenant setup, managing the tenant on daily basis, assigning others permission to use the tenant, monitoring alerts for the tenant, and so on.
This function is usually fulfilled by someone from IT team who manages other servers in your environment. Once the installation is complete, the tenant administrator is required part-time. Tenant administration tasks typically do not require a full-time administrator.
Good to Know
- These administrator types have similar names, and they are easy to confuse:
- The AgilePoint NX System Administrator is a person who is responsible for several administrator accounts and roles. In most cases, there is one primary AgilePoint NX System Administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- A Tenant Administrator is a person who is resonsible for one AgilePoint Server tenant. In multi-tenant environments, each tenant can have its own administrator, but this is not a technical limitation.
- The AgilePoint System Account is a set of credentials for managing AgilePoint Server. There can be only one AgilePoint System Account. In most cases, one human user is assigned these credentials.
- The AgilePoint Service Account is a set of credentials AgilePoint Server uses to connect with other systems. There can be only one AgilePoint Service Account. Only the AgilePoint Server software uses these credentials, and they are not assigned to a human user. However, the AgilePoint NX System Administrator is usually responsible for maintaining these credentials.
- The NX Portal Administrator is a master administrator role for the NX Portal. There can be only one NX Portal Administrator. In the NX Portal, this role is simply referred to as Administrator.
The NX Portal Administrator is assigned on the Tenant Settings, so this can be easily confused with the Tenant Administrator. However, it is not a technical requirement that the Tenant Administrator and the NX Portal Administrator are the same person.
- System administrator is a security role on the NX Portal. Any number of users can be assigned the system administrator role.
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
tenant administrator, tenant, administrator, administrators, environment, provision