REST is a standards-based programming language that uses HTTP for data transfer.
Integrations and Connectors
AgilePoint NX integrates in these ways with REST:
- Activities in Process Builder
- Lookups in eForm Builder
- Access tokens
- REST API
Activities in Process Builder
An activity is a functional unit, or task, in a process-based app. Activities that integrate with a third-party system provide access to the API functionality for that system in a simple, point-and-click, form-entry format. This means that you can easily leverage APIs without writing code.
The following activities are available.
For more information, refer to REST Service activity in Process Builder:
Lookups in eForm Builder
A lookup is an automated procedure that retrieves data from an external data source, such as a database or third-party service, to display runtime. For example, you can use a lookup to populate the options in a list on an eForm.
For more information, refer to REST Service lookup configuration screens.
This image is only one example configuration screen from the Auto-Lookup form control. It does not show all the configuration options, and lookups can be configured and executed in multiple ways. The Auto-Lookup control can perform a lookup for eForms or other controls. However, many other form controls have built-in lookup capabilities — for example, the Drop-Down List form control. For information about how to configure lookups, refer to eForm Controls.
You can create access tokens for REST.
An access token is a secure object that stores an endpoint (usually a URL) and authentication credentials to connect to a service or technology. Often this is an external or third-party service, like Salesforce or SharePoint, but access tokens can also connect to an AgilePoint NX enviornment, local database, or other types of technologies. Once an access token is created, application designers can simply select and reuse it, rather than entering the credentials each time they are needed.
For more information, refer to Access token for REST Service.
The REST API lets you execute actions in AgilePoint NX with REST. This is especially useful for mobile apps, but you can use the REST API with any web-based applications.
For more information, refer to REST API.
- Call a REST Service Method from a Process
- REST Service lookup configuration screens
- Access token for REST Service
- How Do I Use Custom OAuth 2.0 Authentication with a REST Service?
- REST API - AgilePoint NX PrivateCloud and AgilePoint NX OnPremises only. Configuration for the AgilePoint Server support for REST service
- (Example) Get the Leave Information with a REST Activity
- (Example) Create a REST Service Access Token
- (Example) Configure a REST Activity to Get the Leave Information
- Examples - Step-by-step use case examples, information about what types of examples are provided in the AgilePoint NX Product Documentation, and other resources where you can find more examples.
Video: Show Data from a REST Service on an eForm
About This Page
This page is a navigational feature that can help you find the most important information about this topic from one location. It centralizes access to information about the concept that may be found in different parts of the documentation, provides any videos that may be available for this topic, and facilitates search using synonyms or related terms. Use the links on this page to find the information that is the most relevant to your needs.
REST, REST services, HTTP, API, interface, customization, integration